Dental Services in Fredericksburg
General Dental Care
- Preventive care is the most important part of dental care and is our primary goal. These services include routine cleanings for adults and children.
- Fluoride treatment for cavity prevention and sensitivity issues.
- Oral cancer screenings are completed with every examination.
- Digital x-rays are used for diagnosing cavities and bone loss while minimizing patient exposure.
- Periodontal care is provided for patients having been diagnosed with gum disease
- Fillings may be necessary to repair teeth. We educate the patient which material is best suited to restore their teeth back to health.
- A tooth may require more than just a filling and to this end we offer crowns and veneers from a high-quality lab.
- Some teeth may not be salvageable, when a tooth cannot be restored simple extractions are provided.
- Cosmetic dentistry is also offered; from simple composite (tooth colored fillings), to home whitening trays, and more extensive veneers.
- For anxious patients, we offer Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) for a more relaxing experience.
In addition to providing high-quality dental care, we proudly offer Invisalign clear aligners. These removable orthodontic appliances are made just for you and are designed to move your teeth gently and consistently into alignment.
Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth. They are surgically implanted into the jawbone below the gum line. After the implant is placed, an artificial, natural-looking tooth is attached to it. In our office we offer the final stage of the Implant procedure which is an Implant Crown. Your Implant crown will look and feel like a real tooth.
Mouth guards are necessary for repetitive jaw muscle activity characterized by clenching or grinding of the teeth. To help prevent adverse effects of clenching and/or grinding we provide a customized device designed primarily to be worn while you sleep. We’ll take molds of your teeth and send them to our lab where they’ll make a custom fitted tray. This process takes about 10 business days.
Snore Guard is an oral appliance used to help prevent snoring. We provide a custom fit device by taking molds of your teeth and send them to our lab, where they’ll fabricate the appliance. This process takes about 15 business days. Patients in our office have reported great satisfaction with noticeable reduction of snoring.
Dentures & Partials
A denture is a removable replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissues. Two types of removable dentures are available a complete and partial dentures. Complete dentures are used when all the teeth are missing, while partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain.
A removable partial denture or bridge usually consists of replacement teeth attached to a pink or gum-colored plastic base, which is sometimes connected by metal framework that holds the denture in place in the mouth. Partial dentures are used when more than one natural teeth remain in the upper or lower jaw.
A fixed partial denture or “bridge” (non removable) replaces one or more teeth by placing crowns on the teeth on either side of the space and attaching artificial teeth to them. This “bridge” is then cemented into place. Not only does a partial denture fill in the spaces created by missing teeth, it prevents other teeth from changing position.